Sunday, April 26, 2009

I was going to update this yesterday, but...I didn't. haha. So sorry to you readers.

Todays Blog of Note: Cook to Bang: Recipies to Get you Laid. Yes indeed Ladies and Gentlemen. There's some "adult" language on the site, so be warned. But the recipes all sound good and the titles of everything crack me up. So here ya go: http://cooktobang.com/

So todays topic: Junk Food.

Yes, the food we all love, because it's all so bad for us, but tastes so good. Every now and again we have to indulge though. Cause going through life without an indulgence every now and then is no fun. So here are a few of my favorites. And no, i'm not trying to endorse any of these products, I guess it's kind of sounding like that though. haha!

Cheez-its: Small and cheesey and good. Easy to open a box and eat them all in one sitting. My personal favorite is the White Chedder kind. mmm. I will not say no to a cheeze-it.

Chips: Of any kind really. I love plain potato chips and sour cream and chive dip. Some how it's just a perfect snack combination. One of my new favorite kind of chips is the Peppercorn Ranch SunChips. Man those things are good. You can also never go wrong with Doritios. I'm a personal fan of their Nacho Cheesier and their Cooler Ranch. Their other kinds are good too. And then you've got the different flavors of the other chips. There's sour cream and onion, sour cream and chedder, bbq...the list goes on and on. All good stuff.

Soda: I never like going a day without soda. I like it all, although I tend to perfer Coke over Pepsi, but both are good. My new kick most recently is Cherry Dr Pepper. Good stuff, I recommend it.

Fruit Snacks: Ah yes, candy but not. I love that they come in a pouch and you can rip one open and dive into them and not feel like you're over indulging. Plus, they come in fun shapes. So, you can play with them and then eat them. Fun, no? And I like to lump things like Gushers, Fruit Roll-Ups and Fruit by the Foot into this catagory too.

Ice Cream: Really, there's nothing I need to say on this topic. Ice Cream is amazing. Also, I'll have a recipe for Low-Carb Ice Cream here in a little bit.

Popcorn: Probably one of my favorite snack foods. It's quick and easy and tastes good.

Pizza: Oh, I love pizza. It's amazing stuff. I like Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, but there's a couple of good local places. Namely those being Wheat State and Pyramid Pizza. mmmm, pizza. Frozen is good too.

I could continue listing things, but my list is never ending. Lets all face it, junk food is good stuff. It's in our lives no matter how much we try to avoid it. But it's not all bad. It's ok to indulge every no and then. Don't feel like you can't. Nothing wrong with it.

And now on the other side of the coin, here's the recipe for Low-Carb ice cream. It's amazing stuff I tell you.

You Need:
Frozen fruit (strawberries are best) Note: They have to be frozen otherwise this won't work!
Ice cubes
Heavy Whipping Cream
Vanilla
Splenda or Xylatol or other sugar subsitute
A blender

Take your blender and put in your fruit (a couple of handfuls ought to do it), ice cubes (not more than 10 probably, depends on how much you're making), cream (i'd say about 15-20 seconds worth of glugs), vanilla (a capful or two), and Splenda (a packet or two, just for a little added sweetness). Blend on high till well combined, and serve and enjoy!

It tastes like real ice cream, I swear. It's really easy and cheap and you don't even notice that its not store bought.

And that my dear readers, is all I have for you today.

Till the next time,
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment