Friday, April 24, 2009

Ok, so here we are. Friday AT LAST! I dunno about you guys, but I am more than ready for the weekend. Not like i'm doing much of anything, but regardless, it's the weekend.

So, here's today blog worthy of note: http://cookwithlaura.blogspot.com/ I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking at it, but from that first recipe I can tell it's a good one. And such pretty pictures too.

Yesterday I decided to make nachos for dinner. So here's the list of ingredients you need and some pictures to go along:
Tortilla chips (I used Mission)
Hamburger meat (but you can use ground turkey or chicken or pork if you like)
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Onion Flakes
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Tomato
Onions
Green Onions
Sour Cream
Salsa
Whatever other toppings you would like

1. Take some chips and put them on a sheet pan and turn the oven on to about 350.



ok, so that was after I baked them. I might've put them in there for a tad to long. But basically you can just put them in there for a little while and forget about them. Just don't leave them in there too long.

2. In a pan over medium, cook your hamburger. I just used 1 frozen 80/20 hamburger patty.




This is after i cooked my meat. Looks like hamburger meat. haha!

3. Drain the meat. This is probably a pretty obvious step, but i'll post the pic anyways. lol!





4. Take your chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes and pepper flakes and sprinkle them over the meat. Add in 1/4 cup of water. It makes it mix in easier.



Those are the ingredients laid out.




The ingredients mixed in. I know it doesn't look pretty, but cooking doesn't always look pretty. But it tastes good, trust me.

5. Cut up your veggies.

Uncut veggies




Cut up veggies: L to R: Green Onion, Onion, Roma tomato.

6. Lay down your chips, your meat, and your cheese on a plate and heat it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds, till the cheese is melted. Then add your toppings ontop. For a bit of added flair, I squeezed a lime over it. It didn't make much of a taste difference, but I thought it would be fun.


7. Enjoy!

And thats how I make nachos. Sometimes I add lettuce if I have it. Just depends on the ingredients I have. This is one of my go to meals. I love nachos, and tacos. Mexican food in general is great stuff.

No cooking tonight. Making a frozen pizza. And hey, sometimes even the best cooks are lazy and want something quick and easy, and frozen pizza is just that. Probably have leftovers tomorrow, since I have leftovers I need to eat. Leftovers are great for the most part. I've got leftover pizza pasta and chicken and noodles to eat. mmm!

Have a great weekend readers!
Till the next time,
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment