OK, wow, it's been a week since I last updated. I'm sorry followers. Things have gotten kinda crazy around here what with the school year ending and everything. But, I did make enchiladas (well, kind of) for the first time the other night. And they are SCRUMPTIOUS! I've got a few more meals left out of them. Great stuff. So here's the recipe for enchiladas.
Enchiladas A'la Kaitlyn
1 package of Tortillas (I used the Mission Carb Ballance, really good, you can't taste the difference between the low-carb and the regular)
4 chicken tenders (you can buy them in a package at your meat counter, and i'm not talking about the breaded ones, i'm talking about the boneless-skinless ones)
1 can of green chilies (it's the medium sized can, not sure of the oz size)
1 can of black beans (the regular sized can)
1 tub of sour cream (I used the light kind, cause it was the cheapest)
1 tub of cream cheese (I used the light kind, cause it was the cheapest)
1 can of enchilada sauce (the regular size, I don't know the oz size)
1 package of shredded Mexican cheese blend (regular size)
Any other toppings you want (such as tomato and onions, which I just used leftover from my nachos last week (see previous entry.))
Large Baking Dish
Large Mixing Bowl
Here's all the ingredients laid out.
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Take a baking dish and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. I used my biggest pan, I don't remember the size right off the top of my head.Here's the chicken tenders.
3. Take your chicken tenders and cut them into medium sized chunks. While doing that, heat a skillet over medium heat and put a little bit of EVOO in the pan.
Here's the chicken all cut up, and the EVOO in the pan.
4. Once your chicken is cut and your pan is hot, cook your chicken till it's done.
5. Once your chicken is cooked. Put it in your mixing bowl.
6. Add your green chilies, black beans, half the can of enchilada sauce, 1/4 of the tub of sour cream, 1/2 the tub of cream cheese, 1/2 the bag of shredded cheese, and the juice of 2 limes. Mix till well combined.
7. Take a tortilla and place it in your baking dish. Put some of the mixture in the tortilla and fold. Keep adding the mixture to the tortillas till all the tortillas and mixture is used up.
8. Once you have all your tortillas filled and folded, add any remaining mixture on top of your tortillas. Add the rest of the enchilada sauce, your toppings and the rest of the cheese.
9. Put in the oven for 30 minutes.All folded up. Yeah...I'm not very good at folding tortillas.
And these are what they look like when you top them.
10. Remove and let cool, serve with sour cream and salsa if you wish.
This is what they look like out of the oven
And these are what they look like all plated up! mmmm!
And that, ladies and gentlefolk, is Enchiladas A'la Kaitlyn! :)
Till the next time,