Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Chickty China and the Chinese Chicken, Have Drumstick and your Brain Starts Tickin'"

Love that song! And it kind of applies to today's entry, in which we go around the world once again, this time to China!

I present to you: Chicken and Broccoli

So I've made this recipe numerous times now. And it's one of the few ways I get myself to eat broccoli, because broccoli is not my favorite vegetable. But I love this, and I also pair it with fried rice, which I actually took the recipe from foodnetwork.com and adapted it to fit my own needs. And you know those sugar biscuits you get at Chinese buffets? I'll show you how to make those too. So lets get started! And my appologies, I don't have any pictures for this entry, seeing as when I made it last, I didn't know that I would be needing to take pictures of it. So here we go.

Chicken and Broccoli

You Need:
1 bunch of broccoli
1 package of chicken tender breasts
1 bottle of La Choy Garlic Ginger sauce (if there's an off brand avaliable, feel free to use that)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

1. Bring some water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Cut up your broccoli.
2. Cook your broccoli uncovered for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse.
3. In a medium sized skillet, heat some EVOO over medium heat.
4. Cut up your chicken and cook till it's done.
5. In the same pan, add your broccoli and your sauce (use half the bottle if it's 1-3 people, the whole bottle if it's more than 3) and your peanut butter. Stir together and let simmer on low heat till thick.
6. Serve and ENJOY!

Fried Rice
You Need:

1 package of brown rice
1 bunch of green onions
1 medium sized onion
1 package of frozen peas and carrots (if you can't find it, use a bag of baby carrots and frozen peas)
2 eggs
Garlic
Ginger
Salt
Pepper
Soy Sauce

1. Cook the rice according to the directions on the package, and then stick in the fridge for a couple of hours to overnight. Get it nice and cold. I like to cook my rice with chicken broth, but if you perfer water go right ahead.

2. In a medium sized skillet heat up some oil. Put in your garlic and ginger. I wouldn't recommend putting more than 5 or 6 cloves of garlic in, and just a tablespoon or so of ginger. Cook till they become fragrent, and then transfer to a bowl.

3. Put in more oil and put in your green onions and your onion (if you're making it for just a few people, use 3-4 pieces of your green onion and only half of your onion) cook untill fragrent and put in the bowl with your garlic and ginger.

4. Again, put in oil (I use EVOO) in the pan and cook your carrots and peas (I usually cut my carrots into small rounds, but if you want to go even smaller, go right ahead) untill the frost goes away on the peas and they just barely begin to go soft. Transfer to the bowl with the other ingredients.

5. Crack your eggs into a bowl and wish them together. Add the salt and pepper and add more oil to the pan. Pour into the pan and start scrambling till their cooked, but not set all the way, so there will still be some liquid stuff left. Transfer into the bowl with the other ingredients.

6. Add a little bit more oil and the rice into the pan and then cook till it gets heated through. Add the other ingredients and mix till well combined. Add your soy sauce at this point, don't add too much, otherwise it'll taste like soy sauce.

7. Serve and ENJOY!

And last but not least:
Sugar Buscuits

You Need:
1 can of plain buiscuits
1 cup or so of sugar
Butter

1. Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat, add your butter and wait till its melted.

2. Put a buiscuit in the pan and cook for a few seconds on one side and then flip and cook for a few seconds on the other, continue doing this, with a few seconds on each side, till the buiscuit is cooked.

3. Roll in sugar and put on a plate.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining buiscuits

5. Serve and ENJOY!

And that ladies and gentlefolk, is one tasty Asian meal. You can use a sugar subsitute, like Splenda, if you want for the busicuits, but I reccommend using regular sugar. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do! :)

Till the next time,
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment