So, I realize it's been a very long while since I've updated this thing. So, how about if I do.
For lunch today. I decided that I needed to use up the extra piece of naan bread that we had in the fridge. So what did I do? I decided to caramelize some onions and garlic and cover it with cheese and pop it in the oven. Which was really good. So, here's the recipe!
What you need:
1 piece of naan bread ((I had the packaged stuff from Albertson's. I used the garlic flavor))
2 good sized cloves of garlic
1/4 of an white onion ((I suppose you could use red if you really wanted too))
Good handful of mozzarella cheese
EVOO to cook the onions and garlic in
Small sized pan
Wooden spoon or spatula
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to the temp said on the back of the bread package ((In this case, it was 400 F))
2. Turn on the stove to low/medium-low and add a good amount of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) into the pan
3. Cut up your onion and garlic and add it into the pan
4. Stir around and get the onions and garlic well coated.
5. Now comes the hard part: WAIT! Just let the onions and garlic do their thing, occasionally stirring them until they get all cooked down and nice and yummy and a pleasant brown color. Not burned though. It's just their sugars cooking out, making them sweet and tasty.
6. Once your onions and garlic have finished caramelizing, put them on your naan bread an cover with a good amount of cheese.
7. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes, till the cheese gets nice and brown and the bread gets all crusty and crunchy.
8. Pull it out and let it cool for a few minutes.
9. Cut it up
I didn't get any pictures of it. But trust me, it's GOOD!
Till next time, Happy eating!